Sunday 11 December 2011

French for Americans.

Dialects project. I have to admit I quiet like it. Choosing a dialect, learning it and then... yea then: Teaching it to everyone else. I chose a french accent, I think it's rather easy, well, it is easy for me. I'm doing the whole thing with Marina, who's american, so the whole day I tried to teach her how french people speak american, it was rather amusing. Americans don't have the uvular R, which makes it slightly difficult for them to speak it at any rate, plus they don't really have the ö or ü sound which just makes it funny to listen. It is rather hard trying to teach people how to make those sounds, but it eventually worked. Then only thing I seem not to get out of her is, that now, whenever she's saying an R, she's saying an ch. Maybe she should come to switzerland.
I miss switzerland. I can hardly believe that I'll be home in less then a week! This is crazy! Just insane! Really really just insane! WHEN THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN? Is there snow yet? Are you people at home missing me at all? I miss you! Is the air clear and cold? I cannot wait! I have to clean up my apartment and pack first, and, well, have some finals, but I'll be back.

So this is as to show you how I spend my afternoon, just instead of trying to get the french out, I tried to get the french into Marina:


No comments:

Post a Comment