Thursday 15 December 2011

And then everyone cried.

Today was the crying day. I don't even know if the day really ever happened, or what the fuck happened. I think after 1. 5 Years at the American Academy we finally learned today what it means to be an actor: What it means to be truthful, what it means to open up, what it means to be hurt and what it means to move an audience.
even the beginning of the class was different. Everyone was in 20 minutes early, everyone was dressed and prepared by the time it was two and everyone seemed to keep their concentration. Then everything continued as usual, till it happened: Jonathan made Hensel kick over a table because she was so proud of him, I got the note that I finally grew up to be a leading woman, Michael gave out his heart and actually kissed someone on stage without it being planed (Believe me that's a big deal for Mike) and by the time Alex finished we were all in tears. He made everyone cry, including me, himself and even Miss Hensel. From then on we were gone, Marina threw plates all over the stage, Michael yelled, it was pure beauty. After everything was done, we just continued crying. The sky cried with us. We cried saying goodbye to Miss Hensel, we cried going into Martins class and in the end I almost cried because of Martin. It was just pure beauty. That is what being an actor mean. And this is good.

PS: Miss Hensel had me curl my hair --> my hair does NOT curl.






Pictures by Debora Giaonne and Michael Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment