Sunday 4 December 2011

After the Fall.

It might be one of Arthur Millers least recognized plays, but I believe it's one of the most honest ones I ever read. I read a lot. The collection of plays I read would make some people jealous, or maybe doubt my sanity, but the point is that it takes a lot for me to be moved, or sincerely touched by something someone writes, especially plays. I have to admit that I'm usually not a huge fan of Arthur Miller plays, after reading 'Death of a Salesman' and knowing how popular it was/is, I started questioning theater for a bit, but not everybody likes everything. I like 'After the Fall'. I think it's beautiful. Critics during his time might not have liked it, but then again, there are a lot of people out there fearing honesty. I live for it.
'And whatever made me think at the end of the day, I absolutely had to go home?'  - After the Fall, Arthur Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment