Tuesday 7 February 2012

80's Metal Rock.

So. Last night we went out. I know, it's a school night, but it's my only day off this week and Kelseys friend is getting shipped to Japan today for four years, so we went to say goodbye.
House of Blues. Nice, I thought. I never thought there would be a heavy metal band playing, which was the case. For the first ten minutes (the last ten minutes of the first band) I hid on the third floor. When I went back down they announced the next band - an 80's Metal Rock Band. We wanted to leave, but this just sounded too good. I mean for real? 80's Metal Rock? GOSH! And our expectations were more then fulfilled when four long haired metal Rocker in latex legins entered the stage. It was amazing, I laughed till I was crying out of laughter, and then something creepy happened. The guy with the guitar grabbed the mic. By that point I was turned away from the stage because I was talking to Kels. Suddenly Nicks voice fills the room. A weird version of Nicks voice, as if he had been smoking too much, but it was Nicks voice. It was the way Nick spoke, the same speech pattern, the same use of words - I was convinced it was Nick - surprised that he was at an 80's Metal concert (even though, no one would ever think of me going to one) and wondering how he would have probably gotten to the microphone (but then again, everything is possible if you give him a couple of beers) I turn around to realize that the guy with the guitar was the one talking. EXACTLY like Nick. My mind freaked out. For like twenty minutes straight. It was amazing and mind blowing.
I'm kind of glad I have 'Going to a 80's Metal Rock concert' of my list though.
Really weird night.

No comments:

Post a Comment