Saturday 24 March 2012

New Yorker by heart.

Being back makes me never want to leave again. Never. All the random, tinniest things that make me want to stay here sooo bad.
Things I missed about New York:

  1. The Subway (you are everywhere within the shortest amount of time)
  2. Crowded places (people watching is fantastic)
  3. Parks (Washington Square, Union Square, Central Park, all the Parks)
  4. Street Artists (there everywhere - EVERYWHERE)
  5. Traffic Rules (or the fact that there are none - you just walk)
  6. The Lower East Side (for the artsy and beautifulness it's got, all the bars and the corners)
  7. Greenwich (beauty, life and music)
  8. even freaking Chinatown, although Asian People still scare me, but I didn't get mugged YEY
  9. Midtown (although I still don't like tourists)
  10. Upper West Side - actually I didn't really miss the UWS, I just discovered it coming back here.
  11. Fire escapes 
  12. The sound of the sirens
  13. The beauty of spring (it never shows as beautiful in LA, LA is full of streets, NY is too, but it's full of trees too, blooming all over the place)
  14. Yellow Cabs
  15. Conversations about movies (in LA, it's practically expected from you that you are an actor, in NY, there are so many different people and to tell someone here that you're into filmmaking actually makes them listen and appreciate - it's a whole different world)
  16. Delis 
  17. Traffic! (yea, my cabdriver thought I was crazy)
  18. The bridges. (I don't have to say anything about that.)
  19. The weather (it is sunny, then it rains and it is never stable)
  20. The friendliness 
  21. The NY way to walk (you're a tourist if you take up the whole crosswalk, remember that)
  22. Street Hot Dog Stands (nowhere they're as good as here)
  23. People READING!
  24. Constant use of smartphones
  25. The honking
  26. Random people coming up to you having conversations (like: "Did you know that there have been studies which say that we spend 12 % of our lives thinking about things we'll never actually do")
  27. NYU students.
  28. Brooklyn 
  29. Williamsburg
  30. Queens
  31. The lights.
  32. High High HIGH buildings (never ever forget to touch the sky)
  33. Basically everything
And that's just the beginning, I could go on, but then I would wast time in front of a computer that I could spend in the city, so I'm gonna stop now. I'll need to take a nap, since I just slept for like 3 hours last night. But now everything is good. I'm staying with Natalie in Midtown (thank you my pretty thing).  I really want to go up west again. Let's see if I'll make it to Washington tomorrow or if I'm too much in love with this city (I'm too much in love with it anyway, but let's see if I can get myself to see another beautiful city as well) Apparently it's rainy tomorrow anyway. 
This city makes me want to read and create and never stop moving. It makes me want to talk and spread my thoughts, think about the world and it's possibilities. It's crazy. But looking up one tall building I will always remember that we can never give up trying to touch the sky. One day we'll have everything laying on our feet. 

Enjoy your day, wherever you are.
Lots of love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment