Sunday 9 February 2014

Cinematographers.

It is interesting that, after watching by now almost all of the Hollywood Reporter Roundtables, the Actors, Actresses, Directors, Writers, Producers, Cinematographers, Composers, really the Cinematographer one has struck a unique tone with me.



I love hearing them talk. It seems different from all the others, because it seems that no one really knows what their actually doing and they're all so okay with it. The way they talk about directors makes me happy, confident, but mostly really, really happy. I'm in love with Sean Bobbitt (he did 12 Years a Slave, Shame, Hunger, but he also does short films), he's just absolutely wonderful and just hearing him talk makes me want to work with him. Same with Stuart Dryburgh (Secret Life of Walter Mitty). Actually all of them make me happy. Just saying. Everyone has their passion and only if all of us come together to make one great movie we're actually able to. I hope to work with those people one day. I do. They seem calming. Very calming. I like calming people. Actors being a ball of energy is almost a give, producers can be calming, but are mostly not and to have someone on set who's just calm and who's there for you, as the director, it seems a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment