Saturday 28 January 2012

Oh New York.

I miss New York constantly, but sometimes it's better and sometimes it's worse. At the moment I just want to be there, living and breathing in the ever lasting lights.
The play I watched today probably didn't really help, when one of the main character goes: "New York is the only dream I ever had"
Los Angeles can come down pretty hard on you. People here like to keep their distance, the drive goes away, everyone is working for themselves and no one really cares. I know you have to work for yourself, but then again NY gives me so much drive that it just seems easier to do that.
The last week has been busy. First examplays and then right into the last semester, plus I changed sections. The first three days of the new semester have been tiering. Getting up on our feet a lot (especially since we're just 9 people in one section), writing a lot, especially impulse writing (you literally sit in class and your teacher goes: Write a childhood memory, we'll read it in 10 minutes and then you go) Learning all the camera secrets with Scott, then get ripped into pieces in Business Class as well as Audition class after being put back together by the second Scott (Ramp) who is amazing and actually makes you stay positive. It's been a lot. For the first time ever I'm working with people I hardly know and they really up your game. If you fail now, you'll definitely loose out there. I like it, it's just tiering. So I wish I could get a bit of energy from the place I love. The never ending sound and speed, the energy, the vibe, everything that keeps you going, even if you have to get up at 5 AM in the morning. I miss New York, I really do. But one day. One day my beloved city.




No comments:

Post a Comment