Sunday 20 November 2011

What is happening?!

Rain. Heavy, pouring rain.
Remember me bitching about the fact that LA people apparently are not able to drive in the rain? - Today I found out why. We were out in Santa Clarita for Kelseys birthday, and today we had to get back:
LA car, LA streets, heavy, pouring rain.
I wished I had a rental car, because out of some reason they cope better with the rain. I remember driving back from San Francisco about a year ago going: Why can no one drive in this weather?!
Well we got in my car today, it was raining (yea, i'm going to repeat that), and we drove out. Nothing I haven't seen before, but after about 500 meters there it was, the combination that scared the shit out of me. I (tried) to stop at a stoplight and within a milli second realized that my car had no grip, the brakes were doing crapy and as soon as I got on the brake my car started breaking out. Great, we weren't even on the Highway yet, plus the rain wasn't that heavy. I coped. I've never experianced anything like that, I mean, when it was flooded in Lucerne, yes, but not like that!
So I coped with it, and then the second we hit the highway it started pouring, seriously pouring. I've never seen something like that. I couldn't see further then 50 meters in front of me and LA drivers apparently don't get that they should turn on the lights when their driving in the rain. Plus, LA roads are not built like European ones, no they have holes in them HUGE FUCKING HOLES filled with water! - And a care without aquaplaning. We made it. We got off the Highway and we were alive! It was crazy. I thought the worst was over but - nonononono! Hollywood streets are worse. Knowing that we actually have hills, all the streets are flooded. Badly flooded, like crazy. Who needs to go the the Universal Studios to go on a water ride when you can have it for free in Hollywood on a rainy day? Well yea. I made it, I survived, we're all well. It needs to stop raining! No not even raining, but pouring. My Apartment complex is practically flooded, and I'm glad it didn't hit my apartment yet. This is crazy. Believe me, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment